Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Blog is Back in Town

So, after a brief hiatus (okay, a little over a year), I have decided to jump back on the blog-wagon.  I know many of you are dying to know if I ever left Malaga, and I can assure you… I did.  I just wanted to build suspense, you know, add a little drama and intrigue to the whole blogosphere… not to mention, I’m incredibly lazy (insert joke here about learning how to be lazy from the best, Spanish stereotype that it’s a lazy culture, blah blah blah hahaha hehehe blah blah blah).

Just to orient everyone, I had about a month left in Europe after that last post.  It was a truly remarkable month, that I apparently could not be bothered to remark upon (via blog, at least!).  That said, anyone who I have talked to since has heard about the trip to whimsical Granada with my sister and brother-in-law, the tapas fair in Madrid where we unknowingly ate a sandwich made entirely of pig ear cartilage, and, of course, the pièce de résistance of my nomadic Euro-life, a week spent gallivanting around Paris with the elite of haute society, namely my cousin and his wife, certain friends from my recent past and present, and of course, those notoriously charming natives.  Did I mention how amazing the flea markets are there?  J’adore parisian flea markets.  How pretentious do I sound?…  Don’t answer that.

Though I make no aim at retrospectively blogging the entire past year, a lot has happened in this time.  Not only has the Vulcan-style haircut that I got in Spain grown out, but I am now an aunt (times three), a university graduate (with distinction, damn it), potential law school applicant, and the recipient of a grant to teach in Spain in a couple of months.

Seeing as this is my come-back post, I just want to articulate a few goals for this blog, so I can take it in a little bit of a different direction.  This brief list of goals is more for me than you all, but, now that this info is out there, you guys can keep me accountable.  I hereby solemnly swear:

1 To write shorter, more frequent posts (EVEN though I struggle with the whole “it’s-good-that-I’m-not-blogging-because-I’m-enjoying-myself-too-much-to-make-time-to-blog” conundrum)

2 Not to write solely about my own travels, but rather to include some posts to profile current events, cultural dalliances, and linguistic tidbits that I deem interesting and somewhat relevant to my travels

3 Not to forget how to speak and/or write English just because I am trying to immerse myself in Spanish (namely, Castellano and/or Catalan).  I made some truly ATROCIOUS grammatical errors in previous posts.

Okay, so I hope you’ll allow me to be my best blogger and keep me honest, but not too honest, perhaps… these are ambitious goals after all!  And if I can change… and you can change… we can all change… maybe?  Rocky?  Anybody? Is this thing on?

2 comments:

Sara said...

well-said... i will do my part to keep you honest (read: blogging regularly)!

Emily said...

Can't wait for more-- Rocky references that is. Keep them coming! haha